After Ultherapy procedure, what things shouldn't I do?

I was told to not any hot sauna or hot yoga or any extrem sports But I took a shower with HOT water for about 20,30minutes Is it going to make the result of procedure bad or something? If I shouldn't do these things after ultherapy,is there any reason? Please help with reply Very

A great aspect of Ultherapy is that there is generally no real downtime following the procedure.

A great aspect of Ultherapy is that there is generally no real downtime following the procedure. As such, there are no real restrictions on what you can and can’t do right after the procedure because usually there is just a little swelling. It’s a good idea to avoid strenuous exercise and hot saunas simply because the increased blood flow to your head may increase the risk of moderate swelling and more bruising, but it will not affect your results.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Albany NY Ultherapy Expert says- you can resume all your activities the morning after Ultherapy

Ultherapy does not have any significant contraindications after treatment.  We typically provide you with a pain pill before treatment, so have someone drive you home.  You might have some bruising or swelling after your treatment, so let how you look and how you feel be your guide to resume your regular activity.
Hope this helps!

Steven Yarinsky, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and activity restrictions

Ultherapy is an excellent procedure with excellent results. I would consider taking Vitamin C and using Sculptra to complement the Ultherapy. There are minimal activity restrictions after Ultherapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Post Ultherapy Instructions

Hi there!

Do not be concerned at all. There is no contraindication between Ultherapy and taking a hot shower or bath. 
The only instructions we give to our patients is to not drive home because of the medication we give during the procedure for comfort and relaxation. These have sedating effects, so you also wouldn't want to do workouts or anything where you could injure yourself or make any major decisions ;-) 
Our only instructions are to be aware that intense workouts can potentially increase swelling and bruising. Theoretically, a really hot bath, shower, sauna or jaccuzi could cause vasodilation and increase the bruising and swelling, but still wouldn't interfere with your results.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Ultherapy Post Procedure Protocols

The advantage to Ultherapy is that the treatment is minimally invasive and patients can return to their normal activities after the procedure.  The only reason your provider may want you to avoid hot yoga or saunas post Ultherapy is that it may cause you to have more swelling.

Here is what I recommend to my patients after Ultherapy:

1. Avoid the routine use of anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, naproxen and Celebrex for one month. The inflammatory response in your tissue from Ultherapy works in a positive way to stimulate collagen fiber formation and remodeling

2. If you are not already on a medically oriented skin care program, you may want to discuss this with your provider at the time of your treatment. Topical prescription skin products can help to stimulate collagen fiber formation through direct action with growth factors and through exfoliation to resurface skin. Medical skin care combined with treatments like Ultherapy can maximize the results you obtain and help to maintain the results.

3. Take 1000 mg Vitamin C daily.  Vitamin C has a necessary role in collagen synthesis

Good Luck!

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Ultherapy and Post Care

After Ultheray you are able to resume your normal activities right way, and there are no specific measures you must take. It is not uncommon to experience slight swelling for a few days afterwards.  It is therefore recommended to avoid strenuous activities to limit excessive swelling.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ultherapy and Long Term Results and Post Care

After ultherapy the only restriction is driving as you likely will have been given medications that alter how you feel.  Exercise etc can be done but you may get more swollen.  There is no downtime.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Ultherapy After Care

There really is nothing you can or can't do after an Ultherapy treatment. That's the beauty of it, there's no downtime and no restrictions. You can get back to your regular activities right away. Strenuous activities may increase the risk of swelling, but the swelling with Ultherapy is not much anyway. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Dear Young yoon,

Don't be sad. Nothing is going to happen to your face because you took a hot shower after an Ultherapy session. We ask our patients to avoid heavy exercise for first 48 hours. Most of the things you should avoid such as exercise or hot sauna  are to prevent excess swelling after the procedure. Hot yoga or sauna can increase blood flow to your face and may make the swelling worse. Try to avoid anything that will get your heart rate or blood pressure up for the first few days. You should do just fine.

Kyle S. Choe, MD
Virginia Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post #Ultherapy instructions and limitations - #UltherapyProvider #Ultherapy

I have done Ultherapy since 2010 and don't give such restrictive post procedure instructions and it is not clear to me why the provider has told you to do that ... other than the theoretical issue that skin integrity may be compromised and getting into a dirty jaccuzzi can cause bacteria to get into the skin.

You can shower and swim within 12 hours of the procedure.

Read my Ultherapy ebook on the link below. 

Dr Karamanoukian