On average how much would a half and also a full syringe of filler for lips cost? Would like to ensure I'm not paying too much.

Paid approx $1000 for Botox in my forehead + lip fillers last year and as a student I can't afford that again. People have told me they've paid less

Botox and Restylane Silk Pricing

Botox $13 per unit regular price in our office. Restylane Silk filler is $600 per syringe. Assuming you've had 25-30 units of Botox on your forehead and one syringe of filler the price you paid seems about right. Be sure to utilize any loyalty programs your physicians office offers along with the loyalty points programs like Brilliant Distinctions and Aspire.

Cost for Botox and Restylane

Prices can vary depending on your location and the expertise of the professional. Our offices in Utah charge $11 per unit for Botox and $600 for Restylane Silk. We typically offer specials when done by our Nurse Injectors and patients can save with Brilliant Distinctions on Botox and Aspire with Restylane Silk.

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Average Cost botox and filler question

$1000 does not sound "off" considering you mention treating your forehead with botox as well as having lip fillers. First and foremost always use a reputable plastic surgeon so you know you are safe. Be careful of cost shopping, if it's too cheap most likely they are NOT board certified plastic surgeons nor trained to our standards. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Fillers -- Costs

I suggest seeing an expert someone with skill and expertise you will pay more for but typically get a better outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Fillers

There are no "half" syringes for Fillers so I would urge caution if that means you are potentially sharing a syringe. Pricing  varies for both Botox and Fillers given the local area and use of reward programs etc. However given the amounts of Botox and Fillers you mention in your question, that would seem an appropriate cost.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Filler pricing

Filler pricing can vary drastically depending on the type or brand of filler you are using as well as the geographic area you are located in. Generally speaking, longer-lasting or full syringe of fillers cost more but require less visits over time. Many offices also have occasional promotions or "rewards" programs for returning patients which can reduce your costs. You can definitely call ahead to ask about pricing and not be afraid to ask about the estimated price before your procedure begins. Good communication and a good patient-physician relationship means happier patients and better results! Hope this helps. 

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Different ways of Charging

Great question! So there are two ways a lot of physicians charge, as you can already see below. The first way is to charge per treatment area (lips, cheeks, temples...etc). The other is to charge per syringe or part of syringe. Prices for fillers and botox are extremely variable depending on what area of the country you live in. Typically prices for HA fillers used in lips run $400-600/syringe while botox is $12-16/unit. Prices may also change depending on if you are being injected by a nurse injector vs a physican. I hope this helps and best of luck in your area!

Cost of lip fillers and Botox?

I personally never share syringes of filler between patients for safety reasons.  Even if the patient does not require a full syringe of filler we charge the same rate ($585).  The forehead actually has two areas of potential injection of Botox including the horizontal wrinkles and the vertical frown lines.  Each area of treatment costs $300 so you either slightly over paid for treatment of one area or you got a good deal if two areas were treated. If you received Botox to two forehead areas you may find that you can save cost by only treating one alone.  Good luck and best wishes. Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Cost of Botox and fillers

As far as the Botox is concerned it depends on the number of units used and 1000 for the areas you mentioned is not too much. The filler in the lip depends on the type but a ballpark is 600-700 and there is no half syringe. if you are told you can get a half you are sharing with another patient which should not be allowed. be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

You are paying for the quality of the injector

$1000 is in the range of cost for Botox plus fillers.  In fact, that seems a bit low since Botox for the forehead could be $300-$750 and fillers can range widely based on the product used and the skill level of the injector -- usually around $600-$1000 for lips. Certainly I recommend you only seek out a board certified, MD Oculoplastic, Facial Plastic or Plastic Surgeon to perform your injections.  You are paying to have someone perform non-surgical enhancement of the most visible part of your body! Seeking a "deal" for this sort of treatment is likely a poor decision. Don't fret that others claim to have "paid less." I'd suggest saving up over time and then picking a great doctor you feel comfortable with -- you only have one face! Best of luck in your search.

Damon B. Chandler, MD
Moorestown Oculoplastic Surgeon