If I'm a 36C bra size and I'm getting a Breast Lift with Implants with 304 or 339 CC, what size will I be? (photos)

Don't want to be a DD what size would be best.

What size will 304 or 339 cc breast implants make you

Thank you for your question.  A formal breast implant sizing system using various specially shaped implants placed into your non-padded bra is required to give you a size estimate for implants in the 300-350 cc range.

For a helpful article on understanding the relationship between breast implant size and cup size in cc please read the following link:

Implant sizing with breast lifts

Usually smaller implants are used with lifts as they're kind of working against each other, the exception being patients with severe "deflation" following significant weight loss where you'd need the volume. Most of the time someone who is in your range that gets that size implant would probably be a small D, depending on the width of your breasts preop.

I would guess an implant in the low-mid 300 range( 325-375cc) is probably the best candidate. I am leery of using implants >400cc with this procedure as it just bottoms out the skin inferiorly too much in a lot of people.

Robert Oliver Jr., MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size After Breast Implant and Lift

One of the most important decisions facing patients who undergo the combination of breast augmentation and breast lift is the size of breast implants that will be used. Most patients are striving for harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures. Typically, they want a natural look with some fullness in the upper breast area.

The patient consultation is the starting point for their decision and every effort should be made to have good communication. Most patients tend to speak in terms of cup size. Unfortunately, cup size isn't always helpful because it means different things to different people. This creates confusion when cup size is used.

In an effort to determine breast size in a more objective manner, we utilize external silicone sizers. External silicone sizers are designed to sit on top of the patient's breasts. They can be held against the patient's chest or placed inside the patients bra. This technique helps the patient  visualize what their breasts will look like with a specific sized implant. It also gives them a sense of the volume that will sit on their chest wall and how it feels.

Although breast size is important, it's even more important that the breasts fit nicely upon the chest wall. For this reason, it's important to thoroughly discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon. The ability to visualize your projected surgical result with sizers alleviates much of the anxiety associated with the procedure.

If I'm a 36C bra size and I'm getting a Breast Lift with Implants with 304 or 339 CC, what size will I be?

I think that the difference between those sizes will not make much difference.

Implant size

It is difficult to tell what size you will be with any implant with these photos and without an in-person exam.  Your best bet would be to find a surgeon who has VECTRA 3D technology.  With the 3D camera, an image can be take of your breast and a 3D simulation can be done using any size and style of implant.  the technology is really extraordinary and can give you a better idea of what size implant would be best for you. The software can also simulate what a lift might look like as well. 

Go to the link below to search for someone with this capability. 

Bra Size After Breast Lift and Implants

Thank you for your question and pictures. There is no industry standard in bra sizing. We don't correlate implant size to bra size for that reason. Try to let go of the idea of a specific cup size. Instead, concentrate on how you would like to look. Find some pictures of a woman with your build who has a look that you would like to aim for. Show these to your surgeon so they have a clear understanding of your goals. Most importantly, listen to what your surgeon has to say about the best options to get you to those goals. Best wishes.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Thank you for the question and pictures. There is no accurate correlation between size of breast implant and cup size achieved.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation/lifting surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery. I generally select appropriate breast implant size/profile after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers and viewing the patient's chest in the upright and supine positions.

I hope this (and the attached link) helps.

Plastic Surgery Consultation

I would advise you to seek a consultaton with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Implant recommendations made by your surgeon are based on your articulated aesthetic goals (bust fullness, figure balance and breast shape) and your physical examination - your breast and soft tissue anatomy.  I believe that you will get a better result after discussion with your surgeon rather than an online straw poll.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD