Incision re-opened after stitches removed- do i need to be restitched? please help! my doctor is out of the office! (photo)

I had a scar revision by excision 10 days ago. the stitches were removed after 7 days. last night i must have rolled onto my stomach in my sleep and the lower part of the incision re-opened. the steri strip was bloody and i had a few drops of blood seep through my bra. i removed the steri strip and cleaned around the area with alcohol, it isnt bleeding. then i tried re-steri strip the wound closed but i couldnt get it completely closed. do i need to have this re-stitched?

Open Wound After Surgery

Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined.

You should definitely visit your surgeon if you have this incision open and need it restitched. In the chance that it remains open there is always the possibility of infection or improper healing. Good luck!

Incision issue

You are best to see your surgeon to be evaluated. Most likely he will recommend local wound care if it is just a superficial opening of the wound.