Will I lose my cheek dimples if I undergo Buccal Fat Removal? :(

Will not lose dimples with buccal fat removal

The answer is no, you will not lose your dimples if you have buccal fat removal. With buccal fat removal, the procedure is done from the inside of the mouth whereas dimples are a result of a genetic defect caused by a variation in facial muscle development closer to the surface of the skin. Best of luck.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dimples are difficult if not impossible to eradicate and I would think that buccal fat removal will not affect them either way. Buccal fat removal can correct a rounded cherubic face and often jowls and fullness around the angles of the mouth and is generally a very successful maneuver. Bes sure to consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. You can see examples of this on my web site.

Laurence Kirwan, MD, FRCS, FACS
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Will I lose my cheek dimples if I undergo Buccal Fat Removal? = very unlikely #buccalfatpad #dimples

The cheek dimples are usually produced by the muscles of the facial expression that make us to smile. Therefore unless the face becomes paralyzed, those dimples, won't disappear with facial surgery including buccal fat pad removal.

Soft tissue fillers have been used "eliminate cheek dimples", but the effects are minimal after the swelling subsides

Cheek dimples are very common, and actually are considered sexy by men and women. There is even a surgical procedure to create dimples in the cheeks.

John Mesa, MD

Buccal fat and dimples

There should be no loss of dimples with a buccal fat excision. A buccal fat excision is done from within the mouth and does not interfere with how the dimples are formed on the under-surface of the skin.

Benjamin C. Paul, MD

Buccal fat removal and dimples

Thanks for sharing. Your dimples should not change with buccal fat removal.  A dimple is created with how the skin attaches to the underlying muscle.  Approaching the buccal fat through the mouth avoids disrupting this attachment. In fact, I have seen dimples become "stronger" after this procedure. Best of luck!

Raymond E. Lee, MD