Is it okay to get fillers and botox again after four months for a 30 years old lady?

Hello great doctors! Last August(21), I had fillers(Hyaluronic Acid)into my face: two in checks one in each side, two in my chin, and botox around the eyes and into my forehead. My question is shall I go to the doctor and ask her for a re-touch session? It seems for me they're starting to go away and I'd like to refresh my face, if it doesn't harm me. If yes, how many do you think are enough for re-touch? It passed 4 months now l.

When to get filler again

Not only is it a good idea to get the filler now but there are studies that show that if you get fillers before they go away entirely the effect lasts much longer. this is not tru for Botox but you can get it whenever you feel you need it

Nashville Dermatologist

Botox and fillers

Thank you for your question Emma2015. Botox and fillers are cosmetic treatments to enhance the face. Most people enjoy the results of Botox for 3-4 months. Most people enjoy the results of hyaluronic acid fillers for anywhere from 4 months to 2 years. Most people enjoy the results of Belotero for 4-6 months, Restylane and Juvederm 6-12 months, and Voluma 1-2 years. The amount injected will also affect the duration. The more filler is used, the longer it lasts. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

If the effects are beginning to wear off, it should be fine to go get touchups.

If the effects are beginning to wear off, it should be fine to go get touchups. You may not need more filler in every area, but Botox does usually last for only around 3-4 months, so it sounds like it’s time to have it re-done. I recommend visiting your doctor again for a consultation to examine your face and concerns and perform touch-ups where needed. 

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and fillers

Hi, the amount all depends on your face.  You may or may not need more fillers.  When properly corrected, the filler should last 9 months, on average.  However, if someone needs 3 syringes to start, and only has 1 injected (i.e. they are under-corrected), then results will probably wear off sooner than 9 months.
Botox last 3-4 months on average. 
Be well!

Estee Williams, MD

Repeat BOTOX and Fillers After 4 Months

Dear Emma, Thank you for your question. I understand that you had BOTOX and 2 syringes of a hyaluronic acid in your cheeks and chin 4 months ago and you feel that the volume is going away. It is safe to repeat BOTOX and fillers after 4 months. BOTOX usually lasts 3 months around the eyes, because these are strong muscles. The Hyaluronic Acid fillers, Restylane, Juviderm and Restylane Lyft usually last about 6-12 months and Radiesse, which is Calcium based, lasts approximately 9-12 months. In addition, Sculptra Aesthetic and Voluma can last up to 2 years! The Radiesse, Restylane Lyft, Sculptra and Voluma are your best options for lifting the cheeks and the chin area,  The experience of the injector, the type of filler product and the amount of filler products used are 3 important factors to consider when you want natural results.  I recommend that your return to your doctor and express your concerns about needing more filler and BOTOX. Otherwise, you can have a consultation with a local Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is experienced with BOTOX and Filler injections. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
Botox injections are typically needed every 3-4 months. Fillers can last 6-12 months depending are the type of filler and the area where it was injected. Touch ups with fillers are common though and can be done at this time. Pricing for touch ups varies from office to office. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Yes, it's safe

Hi Emma2015, thank you for your question. Yes, it is recommended to have Botox treatment every 3-4 months depending on the patient. Some individuals need a treatment every 2 months. In regards to fillers, you may just need a touch up. Best of luck.

Botox and Filler touch up's!

Thank you for question. My patients usually have their Botox done every 3 months, typically it only last 3 to 4 months. 

Most fillers last between 6 to 12 months depending on where they were injected. I have patients that come back for touch ups, that is normal. 

Botox and fillers can be added at any time for touch ups. Sometimes you need to tweak the dosing until you find what works for you. I hope you find this information useful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Botox/Filler Touch-ups!

Thank you for your question! While there is an average lasting rate for both Botox and fillers, everyone's body metabolizes these products at different rates. If you're starting to see some of these effects wearing off, it's best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon so they can fully evaluate if, when and how much is needed to complete your desired look! Good luck!

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Repeat Timing for Botox and Filler

Botox will typically last 3-4 months before requiring an additional treatment.  If it last longer than 4 months, you are a lucky. 

Fillers typically need to be touched up every 6-12 months depending on the location and type of filler injected.  Fillers are very flexible and can be added safely at almost anytime.  There is not a great answer on when fillers should be repeated, but I believe fillers should be repeated when a patient notices a decrease in volume or would like to enhance an area.