How long is too long to wait to have seroma drained?

I am 5 weeks post op tummy tuck. I had my drains removed on July 29, 2016. Aug 5, 2016 I noticed my stomach was swollen more than the usual. When I touched my stomach it felt like a water balloon was inside me. Went to the ER on Aug 11, 2016 and was told I had seroma. I won't be able to see my surgeon til September 16, 2016 to get it drained. Is that too long of a wait to have the seroma drained. Will it harden or cause abnormalities if I wait til September 16th?

Seroma after Tummy Tuck

The seroma forms a membrane around it which can cause it to persist.  While there is no medical reason not to wait, for this reason (better and faster control of the seroma) it would be a good idea to be seen and drained sooner rather than later.

Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Seroma after TT

It is in your best interest to have the seroma drained as soon as possible. Occasionally, a capsule can form around the seroma which makes it more difficult to treat. Best wishes!

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

ASAP

Depends upon how large the seroma is.  A seroma should be drained as soon as it is discovered for fear of it becoming larger.  If your surgeon is unavailable, he/she should have someone covering him or her.  Good luck.