Can Juvederm filler in the jaw area help the look of jawbone loss from some missing teeth?

i had some theeth extracted 4 yaers ago and realize i need implants and maybe grafting but need to look good now in the mean time.will this do the trick?

Fillers & Lower Face Re-contouring

Yes, fillers can be a fantastic way to re-contour the lower face. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist in your area to discuss which options would best suit your needs. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Volumizing Fillers Can Work Well For Shaping & Contouring The Jawline

Nowadays, in experienced hands, volumizing fillers, such as Voluma XC, Radiesse Plus and Restylane Lyft (my three go-to products in my Upper East Side Manhattan office) are routinely used to shape and contour both the anterior jawline region (the area closer to the chin) as well as the jawline region near the posterior angle of the mandible. (In my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved volumizers are available, I typically opt for Emervel Volume, Teosyal Ultra Deep and Hyaluronica 2 for these purposes). 

Since it is well known that underlying poor dentition and occlusion can result in a suboptimal overall lower facial appearance, I certainly agree that best results will be obtained once you have had the dental implants. However, in the meantime, the above, properly  performed in experienced hands, should provide gratifying improvement. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Jawbone contour

Juvederm Voluma   should work nicely to give you the look you seek.   This lasts 2 years and is a great choice.  My Best,  Dr C

Juvederm to jawline

Yes, Juvederm as well as other Hyaluronic acid filler such as Voluma or Restylane and Restylane Lyft are great options to fill out and contour the jawline. I would recommend seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has experience in dermal fillers for a consult.

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Juvederm for jaw enhancement

Thank you for the good question. Juvederm as well as other fillers are excellent for enhancing the jaw area. Results usually last 6-9 months and patients are typically highly satisfied. Good luck.

Filler for jawline

Fillers can help improve the jailing but are not a replacement for some good choppers!  It is a good idea to get your teeth fixed.

Yes it can...however: read more

Yes, Juvederm is excellent for jawline contouring, both in men and in women. This technique is best used if there is a natural reduction in bone density and 'volume', in your case it would depend on the extent of the loss, as loss of dentition (teeth) maybe too much. A photo will help. 

Regardless, Juvederm can augment implants, and certainly reshape the jawline. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Juvederm for Jaw Line

Juvederm is a fabulous filler and can replace lost fat or volume in the jaw line and other areas of the face.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who specializes in Juvederm for the best cosmetic results.

Juvederm for volume loss

Yes juvederm is a great filler for replenishing volume loss in the face the volume loss can be from many different reasons. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon