Vigorous exercise after Restylane?

I'm getting Restylne w/ Lidocaine in my lips, nasolabial folds and chin on monday.. Ive done this before and had mild swelling. My question is can I go to my hot yoga class on wed without consequence? Hot yoga is much more demanding, you sustain elevated heart rates for much of the class. I'm curious what the professional consensus is before I hear what my Dr believes.

Exercise/Restylane

Thank you for your question. I suggest you wait at least 24 to 48 hours for any physical activity.
Please follow your Physician's recommendations.

Avoid it

I would avoid yoga for a week. It can cause more swelling.  Also, with hot yoga I would worry a bit about picking up a fungus from the rug, if done on a rug. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane

It is important to avoid exercise or strenuous activity for at least 48 hours after treatment. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Exercise after Restylane

Thanks for your question. I would recommend waiting 24-48 hours to resume exercise. It will be best to follow the instructions provided by your provider.

Warm Regards,
Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Vigorous exercise after Restylane

I appreciate your question.
I would recommend waiting 48-72 hours before resuming any strenuous exercise post injection in case there is any swelling.  Check with injecting MD as they should have specific post op instructions for you.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Exercise after Restylane

Hi Cartoon, I typically recommend taking 24-48 hours off from strenuous exercise after having filler injected. I would follow the recommendations of your injector.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yoga and Fillers

I suggest waiting a day or two after filler injections to ensure that you do not excessively swell or cause any change to the fillers.  I use cannulas to limit complications.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Exercise Following Filler Injection

Thank you for the question. It would be best not to do such vigorous exercising for a few days following the injection of fillers. If you plan on doing a vigorous routine, you might benefit from applying cold compresses to your lips. Good luck.

Fillers and exercise

You should be ok 48 hrs after filler injections to really do whatever you want.  Perhaps some swelling may be increase from the heat.

Exercize after restylane

I agree that taking a few days off from that kind of activity is the safest answer.  If you must go to hot yoga for your mental and physical well being you may then experience more swelling than you would like, however, there will not be any long term damage.

Shelley Halper, MD
Hinsdale Dermatologic Surgeon