Breast augmentation follow up?

I had breast augmentation surgery two years ago. I havent gotten any check ups since then. They feel fine but one of them has been a firmer, harder, and did not drop as much as the other one since surgery, it is not painful at all. It has remained the same since surgery. Also my areola is much bigger than the other one on the breast that did drop but i did have that situation before surgery. Should I be concerned? How often do you have to get check ups? (545cc silicone implants)

Pot op Care

I am shocked because I actually follow my patients on the same post op schedual:

1) Two post-op appointments within the first week of surgery, usually the first is the day after surgery or two days later

2) One week post-op

3) One month post-op

4) Three months post-op

5) Six months post-op

6) One year post op

ALL FOR FREE!

Dayton Plastic Surgeon

Postop visits after #breastaugmentation

Follow up is just a part of breast augmentation surgery.  Understanding the postoperative process is important before the operation as well as after.  It may be that your surgeon did not schedule any visits. If that is the case, know that it is outside of the norm. Most of us who perform this surgery look forward to seeing augment patients as they are among the happiest people we see most days. I would make an appointment with your surgeon at your earliest convenience. What you describe does not sound like a dramatic problem that requires immediate action but one that is certainly worth a look.  Give your surgeon a call in the near future.
Dr. Pyle

Jeremy Pyle, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Follow up after augmentation

will vary by your surgeon.  And since you have voiced concerns, you should consider seeing your surgeon again.  My routine is 1 week, 2-3 weeks, 2 months for photos, then patients can return ANYTIME they have concerns or develop issues.  I do not like wasting their time and having them come in for a 'how you doing' visit and leave it up to my patients to decide if they have concerns.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast augmentation follow up

In my plastic surgery practice, breast augmentation patients have the following appointments scheduled prior to surgery

2) One week post-op

3) One month post-op

4) Three months post-op

5) Six months post-op

6) One year post op

These appointments, scheduled before surgery are the minimum times I expect to see patients. If at any time a patient has a question or concern, we ask that they contact my office so they can be seen right away

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Capsular Contracture

I would recommend a visit to a plastic surgeon's office for an examination.  It sounds like you may be developing capsular contracture which is making the breast look asymmetric.  You may require surgery to remove the excess scar tissue.  Good luck!

Eugene Kim, MD

Breast augmentation follow up?

It sounds like you need a check up.  You mentioned one breast is firmer than the other.  This could be the start of  scar contracture.  Your Plastic Surgeon may want to start you on vitamin E.  We find that sometime this takes care of the problem, which will avoid surgery.  I like for my patients to feel free to contact our office anytime for an appointment.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD