How long does a breast augmentation and lift procedure take? (photo)

I'm scheduled for a lift and Brest augmentation. How long will I be under anesthesia ?

How long does a breast augmentation and lift procedure take?

Thank you for your question.  Generally, this operation takes about 3 hours.  You appear to be a good candidate.  Good luck.

Lift and augmentation

The surgical time can vary from surgeon to surgeon and for different techniques. In general, they can take between 2- 4hours for most patients. Good luck.

Breast lift with implants

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift with implants.  A normal breast augmentation takes one hour on average.  Breast lift with implants usually takes appox 3 hours, but this can vary among surgeons.
Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast lift and implant time

Times vary among surgeons. The combo procedure usually takes me 21/2 to 3 hours depending on the amount of lift done. Good luck.

Surgery time

Historically performing both augmentation and mastopexy in the same setting requires careful planning and understanding a patient's anatomy; the time of the operation can certainly vary depending on what is being performed.. best of luck!

Procedure length

For an augment alone-a little over an hour. The augment/pexy is a longer procedure and takes around three hours. Surgeons operate at different speeds and OR time is also dependent on intra-operative factors.

Ask your surgeon

The answer depends upon your surgeon and the procedure he/she is recommending.  A typical breast augmentation takes less than 1 hour, however depending upon the type of lift that is being done, the lift can take between 1-2 hours additional. 

Time

Every surgeon is different.  Depending on the type of lift between 2-3 hours.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon