Is it bad if I bent down a handful of times about an hour after Botox?

I got Botox today and went shopping after. I was sure to not have any strenuous activity but I did slightly bend over once or twice to try on shoes. Is that something to worry about?

Definitely Not.

Botox does its job. You can bend down, take a nap, do whatever you want and it will be just fine. The only thing I advise patients to not do after Botox is get a massage where your face goes into one of those face down pillows. Hope that helps!

Botox

Massaging the areas that were injected, lying down flat within 3 hours of treatment, and vigorous exercise are discouraged because some feel they cause the Botox to diffuse. Bending over a few times wouldn't affect the result. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

No issues with bending over after Boto

No I would not worry about bending over once or twice 1 hour after Botox. I usually ask that my patients not lay flat for an extended period of time up to 3 hours after the injection. That is essentially the only restriction.

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Activity

Thanks for your question!No need to worry - you will be just fine shopping after your Botox injections!!  I recommend avoiding massaging to the areas that were injected, but that's about it.Best of luck to you!

Bending over after Botox injections

No need to worry about bending over a few times after your Botox injections.  I advise patients not to rub or massage the treated area for a few hours, but otherwise, there is no problem.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Hello Eakgun,
I would not worry about bending over to try on shoes the day you received Botox.  That should not cause any problems with your final result.  I hope this helps and have a great day.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bending over after Botox treatment

Thank you for sharing your question. You do not have to worry about any problems with the results of your treatment with Botox due to bending over. It would be rare to have any issues. I hope this relaxes you.Good luck,

Bending over after Botox treatment should be fine, you should follow up with your injector 2 weeks after your initial injection 
Kenneth Hughes M.D 

Botox and bending

Bending over for slightly after Botox will unlikely be a problem. I usually have patients avoid lying flat for 3-4 hours after injection.

Botox aftercare

Thank you for your question. After a Botox treatment I recommend avoiding heat exposure, alcohol consumption, and strenuous exercise for 24 hours after the treatment. This is because all of these can bring blood to the skin and cause movement of the Botox, which can lead to side effects such as droopy eyelids or blurred vision. I also recommend avoiding lying flat for four hours after a Botox treatment as this may also move the Botox and lead to similar side effects. I do not think trying on shoes would have any negative effects but I recommend you consult with the doctor who did your treatment.

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician