I had a too aggressive halo treatment. What should I do?

My skin is still inflamed almost rashly with raised bumps and rough texture especially my forehead . Was smooth as silk before my treatment . Should I stay on the steroids ? And the topicals ? Will my skin get back to the way it looked before ?? I had always had 550 level at 30% ablation. Went up to 750 level 30% this time. What should I do ? Is this permanent ?

Too aggressive halo treatment

Your treating physician is best able to care for you as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you.

Alastin Nectar

I would recommend Alastin products post-Halo to help heal your skin. Alastin Nectar will help calm the irritation and heal quicker, the Alastin Skin Nectar should be applied morning and night for the first 48 hours. Then the occlusive moisturizer will help the skin stay moisturized, combined with Nectar should help.  Avoid exfoliation and sun for at least two weeks post- Halo.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Rash

Follow up with your doctor to see what the next step would be for you. He/she can suggest which products to use.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Rash

It is hard to say without being able to see photos.  Have you followed up with the provider from which you received treatment?  You may need to switch products to a very gentle cleanser and moisturizer to see if that helps reduce the irritation. 

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too Aggressive of Laser Procedure

I suggest posting photos and starting the proper wound healing at this time.  Avoid any cosmetic treatments till you are fully healed.  Best, Dr. Emer.