Do you get systemic absorption with topicals?

Can you absorb topicals like finasteride, progesterone, and minoxidil 5% and is it safe for a young woman?

Topicals for hair

I would not use Minoxidil if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant as there is some systemic absorption of topical Minoxidil.  Topical solutions of finasteride and progesterone are not proven to be effective for hair loss treatment.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Rogaine For Men Used on Women

There is no reason why rogaine cannot be used on women, I suggest using this because its stronger. Best, Dr Emer

Systemic absorption

Drugs like minoxidil and steroids can be absorbed through the skin. When women use minoxidil, they not infrequently get facial hair from the systemic absorption. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon