Which brand or company propecia is more effective ?Merck ?

I got my propecia from Costco for very cheap price (90 days/24$). it worked well for one year then stopped working. my hair became oily like before and hair loses. I thought if it might be the drug-resistance, then I did some research, it shouldn't be like that within just one year. So I thougth maybe it is the product is not good. does anyone have any idea about that ?

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

I suggest seeing an expert to evaluate your hair loss and consider the best treatment options. Non invasive options include PRP/progesterone or transplantation for improvement. Best, Dr. Emer

Generic Propecia

The FDA is supposed to require equivalency in generic drugs like generic finasteride. I have heard such complaints before, but assuming that you don't have a counterfeit product, the ineffectiveness may be related to your genetic balding. See your doctor and ask your doc tor to do Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you believe is progressing and find out if this is the case,

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Generic finasteride

If you are getting the generic brand of finasteride the medication is by law supposed to be bio- equivalent which means you should get the same effect.  I have had patients with respect to other medications report differences among the generic brands in that they were less effective or had side effects.  It is easy to blame the type of medication for your hair change, but you should be aware that there are other factors involved.  Please consult your hair doctor.

Parsa Mohebi, MD
Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

In general, manufacturing and sales of medications are highly regulated. Just because a generic brand costs less

In general, manufacturing and sales of medications are highly regulated.  Just because a generic brand costs less does not mean it is less potent or less effective.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon