Can Juvederm bumps in the nose be massaged out?

I experienced some lumps in my nose after getting a top up using juverderm. 13 days went by an what I first thought was swelling was in fact extra filler. My doctor used heavy pressure on my nose to massage it out an the problematic areas have been smoothed out, however one area in particular towards the middle right of my nose, I still see a lump but she said this time it's actual swelling an it'll go down. Do you think it's possible that it actually hasn't gone an it's still filler?

Bumps after Juvederm

Swelling can last up to two weeks. If after two weeks you are still experiencing lumps then it is probably filler. I recommend having this corrected with hyaluronidase.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thanks for your query. The Juvederm filler can be dissolved. If there is a lump in the middle of the nose and it is not going after pressure or massaging or medicines, then you should consider using hyaluronidase. Hope it helps

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Bumps after Juvederm

Hello, and thanks for your question. Sorry to hear you've been having trouble. At this point it's likely actually product that you are seeing, as opposed to filler. The good news is that the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Nonsurgical nose correction

Usually swelling last up to 2 weeks and if you see a distict lump, its probably the filler, not the swelling. It can be easaly corrected with hyaluronidase injection (Hylenex or Vitrase).

Massaging fillers usually doesn't work

Fillers are a great option for restoring volume because they tend to stay put for several months.  During treatment, some physicians will massage areas of filler especially in the lips to smooth out any irregularities.  This only works if there is a tissue plane for the filler to move easily through like between the skin of the lip and the muscle.  Usually, once filler is set, massage doesn't work.  At 13 days out, there may still be a small amount of swelling; but it is likely that the area might need to be treated with minor amounts of hyaluronidase to decrease the noticeable bump.  Thankfully, it works easily and quickly in as little as an hour.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon