Bumps after non surgical nose job using juvederm.

I had a top up treatment for a non surgical nose job where I may have been injected slightly too much juverderm causing bumps an raised areas in my nose! However I went back to my doctor after 2 weeks an instead of dissolving some of the filler, she tried massaging the filler using heavy pressure which really hurt.. Is this a safe method? An do you think my problem may be fixed? I still see a slight bump but she says that's actually swelling an it'll go! Please help.

Bumps after Non-Surgical nose Job

Using heavy pressure to massage a bump is a common method. I would give it a few days to see if this has worked. If not I recommend having this dissolved with hyaluronidase. After the injection of hyaluronidase you should see results within a couple of hours and final results in two days.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Thanks for your query. If the swelling has not gone down even after using hynidase, den consider RF. Radiofrequency or exilis or ulthera or thermi helps in mobilizing the swelling from filler and hynidase and it should go down. Hope it helps.

All The Best

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty / Non Surgical Nose Job

Hi and thanks for your question. Massaging down a bump is something that can be done successfully. You will have to give it a few days to see if it worked. If not, I agree with you that dissolving the material causing the bump would be the next logical step. Another session of massage is unlikely to help. Hope that helps 

#nonsurgical #Juvederm #dissolve #nose

An HA like Juvederm injected anywhere should dissolve when you are treated with hyaluronidase. I would wait until any swelling is resolved -especially if you have been massaged with a heavy pressure. Give it a month. 

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Getting the Results You Want

I don't normally practice massage for this, but it could be your Dr's practice, which is safe. You could have some additional swelling, but from your description it sounds like the bumps have dissipated some after going back to your Dr. I would consult your Dr. again and if you're unhappy with your results, you can ask for it to be dissolved or wait for it to dissolve on its own. You can also try a different technique next time. Best, Dr. Emer