I had a Botox Brow Lift a week ago and I have not seen any change. Is there a possibility it won't work?

I had a botox brow lift a week ago. My doctor said it could take up to a week to see any change, but I have not had any improvement. Is there a possibility that it is not going to work? I see my doctor again in 2 weeks. I am just so discouraged. He says I really need a surgical/endoscopic brow lift with blephoraplasty, but I did this to hopefully hold off on the surgery.

Botox brow lift

Hello! Botox can take 10-14 days for maximum effect. However, Botox will only allow the brow to lift 2-3mm tops, and is not a replacement for a browlift. It is worthwhile to give it more time, but understand that surgical results are only achieved with surgery. Good luck!

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

It may be too soon to tell, but there are other factors to consider.

Hi,

A great chemical brow lift such as a botox brow lift is possible in  patients who have powerful muscles which pull the brow down (depressor muscles) as well as having powerful muscles which lift the brow (elevator muscles). So in a treatment, the injector will typically try to reduce the strength of the depressor muscles by injecting botox into them. Botox takes anything from 24 hours to 2 weeks to take effect in people so you may need to wait a bit longer. However, if after 2-3 weeks you still have no significant change, you should schedule a review with your injector. But bear in mind, a great lift is not always possible. 

Ravi Jain, MBBS
London Physician

I had a Botox Brow Lift a week ago and I have not seen any change. Is there a possibility it won't work

How dramatic of an elevation of the brow you get with a Botox Brow lift varies. It depends greatly on the strength of the patient's muscle and the amount of Botox that is injected. A follow up with your surgeon can likely answer those questions so you can decide how to proceed

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox or Xeomin can provide some subtle raising of the brows but the effect varies from patient to patient.  I would definitely not expect to see the full result until two weeks after your injection so give it some time.  Many patients enjoy and notice the subtle changes to their brows and eyelids, others don't notice the change.  Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Botox brow lift

One of the most important things to remember with injectables is that you simply won't get the same effect as a surgical result. Botox is great at lifting and opening the eye area, and in some patients the results can be drastic. When we relax the muscles around the eye area we are selectively targeting the muscles that depress and lower the inner portion of the eyebrows. Some patients also get a nice elevation of the lateral, or outer portion of the eyebrows with strategically placed botox. 

Unfortunately, if there is a lot of soft tissue excess and you have a heavier tissues and anatomy, your results may not be as impressive. I would give the botox a solid 7 days to kick in, and re-evalute your results at your follow up. We also all forget what we look like before and after injectables and sometimes photographs before and after highlight the result better. 

Good luck!

Haena Kim, MD
Walnut Creek Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Brow Lift -- takes 2 weeks to see outcome!

This is tough to tell without pictures. It can still be too soon to tell what your results will be. It can take 1-2 weeks for final results with Botox. It may be that more filler is needed in a different area, or a brow lift should be considered. Give it some more time and contact your doctor. if you're unhappy with your results to discuss next steps. Best, Dr. Emer

Botox brow lift

If you have significant brow ptosis, then Botox probably will not help. At most, you can expect a few millimeters of brow lift with Botox injection at the tail of the brow. The best brow lift results are seen when Botox is also injected into the glabella (brow depressor muscles), central frontalis, and crow's feet. Not everyone responds to Botox for brow lift because the lateral orbicularis oculi does not pull the lateral brow down in everyone and so relaxing it may not help. You can consider filler injections into the brows as well as energy based devices such as Thermage and Ultherapy to help raise the brows. The best results are usually, however, seen with surgical correction. 

Browlift with Botox

Botox relaxes muscles. If we relax muscles that are pulling the brow down, then we can cause a brow lift. The problem is, not everyone has tension or pull in those muscles. As such, not everyone gets a brow lift with Botox. The only way to see if you will get a brow lift with Botox is to try it. If you don't get a lift, consider Ultherapy for a non-surgical solution. Virtually everyone gets at least a minor browlift with Ultherapy and there is absolutely no downtime. If you have a very experienced injector, filler can be used to create a browlift by volumetrically enhancing the brow and the forehead. The result will be temporary, but it does work. If you want more than that, surgery is the only other option.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Facial Rejuvenation Specialist

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Brow Lift or Surgery?

Hello majorminor,

Thank you for sharing your question and concern with us. Using Botox for a brow lift can be effective however if the amount of skin laxity or droop is excessive then surgery is typically the best answer and result. It sounds as though this has been recommended to you already. It is best to keep you appointment with your doctor that is already scheduled in that waiting two weeks post Botox injection is very typical to see the maximum effect from the injections to assess your success or the need for minor adjustments. It is good that you tried an alternative to surgery however if Botox is not sufficient to accomplish your desires you may have to consider surgery more strongly. Be well. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Botox brow lifts are very mild

If you have significant brow heaviness, Botox won't help much. To get maximum lift with Botox, brow and crows feet injections are needed as well as glabella. Consider surgery if you don't get what you want from Botox. Expect 1-3mm of lift with Botox.

Steven F. Weiner, MD