Can we do facial while using retin a micro?

Facial and retin a

You can do both to help remove blackheads and whiteheads however be careful about the sie of a peel. Your skin is more sensitive.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Look up Dermapen. So much better than a facial. And you don't have to stop using retinol.

I always tell my patients, if a facial feels good for you to relax, get it. If you are actually trying to improve your skin in the long term, do Dermapen instead. You know when you go on a trip and you get a facial, you glow that day, then go back to looking normal the day after. After Dermapen, you glow for a month and get long-lasting collagen production.
You can get Dermapen (or microneedling) with blood or spun down blood to isoloate the PRP (platelet rich plasma). This boosts the efficacy of microneedling by penetrating your own growth factors deep into your skin, again, causing more collagen production and lon-lasting benefits for your skin. I prefer PRP over blood because we have isolated the growth factor portion of the blood to use in the treatment.
You can expect improvement in fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and a long-lasting glow. Personally, I love this treatment and try to get it done every couple of months. You will be addicted too. Promise!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Facial and Retin-A

You can have a facial while using Retin-A, but it all depends on what type of facial you are having.  Retin-A should loosen up the blackheads and make your pores easier to clean.  My patinets benefit from oxygen facials in gently cleaning out and repairing the skin.