Best chemical peel for clearing chicken pox pitted holes? (Photo)

I had two chicken pox pitted holes on my face I have already taken microdermabrasion treatment twice can chemical peels help me?

Chicken pox scars and subcision

In our office, we use a combination of Ematrix fractional RF, subcision, and laser resurfacing to help improve chicken pox scars. The combination works well to improve contour and texture. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Best options for addressing Chicken Pox scars

To address scarring left from Chicken Pox, resurfacing would be the best option for reducing the appearance of the scars. Some chemical peels are a great way to prep the skin for resurfacing treatments,however, they will not do much to resolve the scars themselves.  Your best bet would be to do a series of non-ablative laser resurfacing treatments or a series of micro-needling treatments. This will promote the stimulation of collagen and help soften the appearance of the scars. Be sure to discuss a pre-treatment and post-treatment regimen with your clinician as this will enhance your result.