Have any surgeons here reversed a lower lateral cartilage repositioning? (photo)

Had a revision rhinoplasty recently and just wanted the tip straightened. I had a twisted tip and wanted it fixed. One of the many extreme techniques used on me was 'lower later cartilage repositioning'. It took the shape out of my tip. It made it look unnatural and droopy--LLC do not angle that way in normal anatomy---it's a horrible technique that produces hideous aesthetic results! Can it be undone? Can the natural curve be brought back to my LLC? What are some possible problems?

Lower lateral cartilage repositioning

hanginthere,

With revision rhinoplasty, it takes about a year to evaluate the final result.  I would advise you to allow it to heal first and not seek a another revision surgery until then.  A lower lateral cartilage repositioning procedure is usually used to improve the contour and shape of the tip of the nose.  Follow up with your surgeon regarding your concerns since it may be just a matter of allowing time to heal and the swelling to resolve for you to see the results.  Good luck.   

Lower lateral cartilage repositioning

This technique is very powerful and very useful in the right patient. I would want to know a bit more about how "recently" you had the revision rhinoplasty surgery because you probably still have a significant amount of swelling remaining which can obscure the results. I would first reach out to your surgeon and see what they say, then give it at least six months until you start seeking another opinion regarding "undo-ing" the current work

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon