Would Botox lift my droopy, Cro-Magnon man eyebrows? (Photo)

When I was a teenager, I learned that i could make my face instantly prettier if i lifted my eyebrows. I have naturally deep-set eyes and low brows, but when i raise my eyebrows i look like a different person. As a result, i have gotten used to always having raised brows, which has given me a slew of wrinkles in my brow. Is there a way to use botox to lift the brows and get rid of the wrinkles? Or would botox just make them droop more? Or is there another solution?

Botox can be used to perform a “non-surgical brow lift” in the right candidate

Botox can be used to perform a “non-surgical brow lift” in the right candidate. When done correctly it can lift the brows by a few millimeters, which is often all that’s needed to open and brighten the eye area. I suggest visiting a board-certified, expert dermatologist with experience performing off-label Botox injections for a consultation to come up with the best treatment plan for you. 

San Diego Dermatologist

Botox or brow lift for the Cro-Magnon eyebrow

Either Botox (Dysport, Xeomin) or forehead lift surgery can help improve the Cro-magnon forehead, as you've mentioned. However, Botox is temporary with results that can be more subtle, as compared to surgery. Plastic surgeons and dermatologist tailor the Botox treatment for each patient: reduce forehead wrinkles, lift the eyebrow, etc. If you haven't already, then speak with a plastic surgeon to perform an examination and helps determine appropriate options for you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to raise the brow.

Thank you for asking about your Botox for your eyebrows.

• You have very pretty brows but they are a little flat - without the upward curve of the outer 1/3 of the brows.
  • Botox can be injected under the outer brow to float up the outer brow and in between the brows to float up the inner brow. 
  • A little Botox into the lines in your forehead can also be done but with a little, very weak Botox - because this muscle, the frontalis muscle, is what is lifting your brows.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Low eyebrows and forehead wrinkles

I agree with you that you need to be careful putting any Botox into the forehead because this has the risk of making the eyebrows go lower.  The frontalis muscle in the forehead is responsible for causing the horizontal forehead lines but it also keeps the brow elevated.  Botox relaxes the frontalis muscle, which improves the lines, but can lower the brow, especially in an individual who already has low-set brows.  

Botox can be placed in small amounts at the tail of the lateral eyebrow to try to create a lateral eyebrow lift.  Another treatment to consider would be injection of a filler such as Restylane or Juvederm into the lateral brow to lift and provide forward projection.  

Make sure that you see an experienced injector who has a conservative approach.  It is far better to start with small amounts of product and add more later if needed than to inject too much and cause a problem.  

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox brow lift

Thank you for your question Cfgirl0124. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Botox can be placed between the brows and in the corners of the brows. This relaxes the muscles that pull down on the brows and lead to an elevation of the brows. When such as treatment is done sometimes horizontal lines on the forehead become apparent or deeper. For this reason I recommend that my patients have a small amount of Botox in the upper forehead to counterbalance this. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Botox Brow Lift

Botox injected at the end of the brow may help raise the brow a few millimeters. If you are looking for an elevation of the brow as a whole, I suggest a consultation with a specialist in facial plastic surgery to discuss all of your options.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Would Botox lift my droopy, Cro-Magnon man eyebrows?

Hello CFgirl0124,

Botox can be used to help raise the outer corner of the eyebrows by a few millimeters.  This would not do much to help the wrinkles across your forehead.  If you used Botox to treat these wrinkles then you would not be able to raise your brow, and it would give you the look you don't like with a flat brow.  The other option is considering a brow lift, such as an endoscopic approach, to help keep your brow up without you raising them.  

I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon to go over your options.  

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox can be used on the lower lateral eyebrow to lift them a bit.  If that doesn't satisfy you, then perhaps a brow lift is the answer.

Lift my eyes

Botox can lift the corner of your eyebrow 1 to 2 mm. You are holding your eyebrows higher then that intentionally.. To get that much elevation you will need the corner of your eyebrow surgically elevated.  See a board certified PS for evaluation.

Botox and brow lift

Botox can certainly change the shape of your eyebrows and produce a lift but be sure you see a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get the results you want

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist