How to make a mole smaller? (Photo)

I have had a mole on the left side of my face for as long as I can remember, and I have had it checked out many times and it is not malignant. For cosmetic and self-confidence purposes, I was wondering if there was any way to decrease the size of my mole, as I enjoy having one but would prefer it to be smaller.

Doctor Answers 2

Remove it, don't reduce it

The key for you will be to just take it away. I wouldn't try to make it smaller as it won't look good and could come back.  We have a number of advanced techniques that can change the appearance of a mole like that to make it much more attractive.  Best of all, it's all done right in the office.  You'll need to see an experience facial plastic surgeon to make sure the scar is tiny and hard to find, but it can be done!

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

See a Cosmetic Dermatologist for Mole Improvement

I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. This can be improved with lasers, radiowave or shave. Cost will vary, but see an expert for minimal scarring. Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.