Can I get dental implants after 30 years of dentures with severe mandibular and maxillary bone loss and osteoporosis?

I have osteoporosis as well as severe bone and gum loss due to 30 years of dentures. Due to this, I have been told by my dentist that I am not a candidate for implants. Is this true?

Snapindentures or ALL ON 4 BY NOBEL

yes you can have a solution in cases like yours, narrow or mini implants, for snap indentures, or you can get also great results with ALL ON4, BY NOBEL BIOCARE, this will  be determined with a CT SCAN, and a complete smile analysis. but don't worry there is always a solution, and even if you do not have much bone, even ZYGOMA IMPLANTS can be done.

Dental implant

practically implant is possible whit osteoporosis after therapy, but theoretically implant is contra indicated in this condition. as u r wearing dentures and bone loss so additional surgery for bone augmentation may require.

Nirav Patel, MDS
India Dentist

I perform bone grafting quite commonly for people like you . There will be more waiting because the graft will need additional healing time. Another option I do is short implants.  You will need more to compensate for their shortness.  It's why I perform "all-inclusive" treatment that includes 5-8 implants under bridges..... not bulky overdentures.  What's inside your mouth counts.

Victor Sanz, DDS
Chicago Dentist