I feel as though my implant may be too large. What should I do?

I had tooth #30 pulled after a failed crown. Same day implant and bone graft was done as tooth was pulled. Now I am having pain in my jaw and a soar throat, pain in the back of my head. one month out from surgery.

Pain in Jaw

Hi there, I think you should go back to your surgeon's office to evaluate the area and determine if the jaw pain is related to the procedure that was done.

Pain in jaw one month after implant

It would be unusual for these symptoms to be related to your implant one month after the surgery.  Infections do happen, however, so please return to your surgeon to have an x-ray and exam and receive any needed treatment.

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Pain after a month with implant and bone grafting surgery

Pain after a month following implant and bone grafting surgery is
certainly concerning. Your surgeon should evaluate the site for signs of
inflammation or infection and determine the health of the surrounding
tissues.

H. Ryan Kazemi, DMD
Bethesda Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Pain after dental implant

It is really important that you go to your dentist and tell about your situation. It could be an infection caused by the implant or maybe your boddy is not acepting it at it should do it. 

Yocasta Caba, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Pain One Month After Implant Placement

It is highly unlikely that those symptoms are being caused by the implant one month out, but have you dentist do an exam and xray just to be sure.  

Infection

you may have developed an infection around the implant.  I would return to the doctor and get an X Ray to help determine the cause.

Too large implant

If you have been pain free for a month and are now having sore throat and discomfort I suggest you consider other options. It is doubtful that these are caused by the implant.