What is the difference between ThermiTight and Thermi 250?

I am looking to tighten the back of me legs

Thermi Tight and Thermi 250

ThermiTIght and Thermi 250 both use radio frequency to tighten skin. Thermi Tight is a minimally invasive procedure that requires local anesthesia.  A probe is placed under the skin and heat helps tighten the skin. It requires only one treatment and the changes happen over time.Thermi 250 is not invasive. The probe is external.  Anywhere from 4-6 treatments are required to cause tightening. It too requires time for the skin to tighten.

Westborough Ophthalmologist

Thermiight vs Thermi250

ThermiTight is a minimally invasive skin tightening procedure done under local anesthesia where the treatment radio frequency energy is delivered subcutaneously via a small electrode.  Usually only one treatment is required.Thermi250, or Thermismooth, is a non-invasive skin tightening modality that delivers radio frequency energy to the surface of the skin, slowly raising skin temperature and stimulating collagen production. 4-6 treatments may be required to achieve the results. The results of Thermismooth are usually more subtle than the ones of ThermiTight.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

ThermiTight vs ThermiSmooth?

Great question!  

ThermiTight uses RF energy beneath the skin (via a very thin thermistor) and can effectively tighten, tone, and contour using access points that are so tiny that they close on their own.  The treatment is usually done once and requires injection of numbing solution prior to treatment.

ThermiSmooth, on the other hand, uses RF energy externally to perform the same treatment.  The process usually involves anywhere from 3-6 treatments each spaced a few weeks apart and there is ZERO downtime.  

Which treatment is best for you is tough to say and really requires consultation with a physician who has experience using both treatments.  I would encourage you to check out the ThermiRF website to find a trained/experienced provider in your area.  

I hope that helps!

Knee Contouring -- Sculptra, ThermiRF, Venus Legacy, Cellutone, VASER, Thermage, Ultherapy

The knee requires internal and externing heating for improvement, sometimes VASER liposuction hi definition.  I suggest a formal consultation to determine what is best.  Dr. Emer.

ThermiTight for legs.

Thank you for your question. In my practice we prefer the ThermiTight procedure. It is minimally invasive but gives you betters results with one treatment. The ThermiRF device used in the ThermiTight procedure delivers controlled thermal energy into your treated areas. The radio frequency energy gets sent into your tissues which stimulate collagen to tighten the skin. The main purpose of the procedure is to tighten your skin. The energy used encourages natural collagen and elastin development. If you are interested please schedule an in-person consultation with a qualified physician.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Another option for tightening the back of the legs would be Exilis treatments.  This is also an RF device.  It is used on the surface of the skin but the depth of the radiofrequency can be regulated to go deeper to remove fat and/or stay superficial and tighten the skin.  The treatment requires no needles or cannulas and does not require any anaesthesia of any kind.  You can resume your normal day immediately after the treatment.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD, FRCPC
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Thanks for your question.  ThermiTight and Thermi250 are both treatments using radiofrequency (RF) energy for the purpose of melting fat and tightening skin and in my opinion both are uniquely better at accomplishing this than any other device on the market.  Thermi250 is non-surgical and is applied to the skin in a series of usually 4 treatments 2-4 weeks apart.  It is comfortable and requires no down-time and not only tightens skin, but also causes some reduction in the underlying fat.  ThermiTight is a minimally-invasive procedure, which requires injection of a local anesthetic and one or more small punctures of the skin made with a large needle.  The ThermiTight cannula is then inserted under the skin by the surgeon and RF energy is applied to the under-side of the skin (the dermis) and the superficial layer of fat.  This is usually a one-time procedure and results in more dramatic skin tightening than the Thermi250.  ThermiTight can be used on any part of the body and legs are quite popular with excellent results in skin tightening and even reduction in cellulite.  The ThermiTight generator can also be used to perform ThermiVa (non-surgical painless vaginal restoration), ThermiRase (nerve deactivation to treat wrinkles - think 2-year Botox), and ThermiDry (to treat excessive underarm perspiration).  We have both devices at our Bellevue office and we perform all of the above procedures.  Our Thermi patients are among the most satisfied with their results.  See the link below and view the video of ThermiTight treatment to the chin and neck to get an idea of what's involved.