Can I combine thermitight and thermage treatments? I really want to avoid tummy tuck (Photos)

ThermiTight or Thermage to avoid Tummy Tuck

ThermiTight is a minimally invasive treatment for skin tightening. The skin is numbed, we make a small incision and insert a tiny probe to deliver controlled radiofrequency energy underneath the skin.  This energy stimulates collagen production over time, for the purposes of contour improvement and to reduce skin laxity. Thermage delivers the same radiofrequency energy externally applied via a handpiece/massage technique. It will also improve skin laxity over time.  ThermiTight will produce a more effective result. An experienced physician could combine ThermiTight with Thermage for a non surgical approach but this may not provide the results you are looking for.  In my Practice we more often combine ThermiTight or Thermage with Liposuction. We also have a Plastic Surgeon on staff to provide a side-by-side surgical Tummy Tuck consultation for a complete and thorough overview for the patient. I would recommend this approach for you simply because I suspect you may not be satisfied with the results of a non-surgical approach. All options are an investment, and we would want you to invest wisely. Good luck with your decision!

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

ThermiTight and Thermage

Yes, you can combine ThermiTight and Thermage.  You can think of it like tightening the skin from the inside out, and the outside in.

Lawrence Osman, MD

ThermiTight combined with other procedures

Thank you for your question. For my patients, I have combined ThermiTight and SmartLipo together. ThermiTight is a great minimally invasive procedure to treat skin laxity and SmartLipo is great for fat removal and skin tightening. SmartLipo is an advanced version of liposuction that offers greater precision and power. It can eliminate fat in virtually any body area to give you the trim, contoured figure you desire. However, it’s very important you have a full in-person consultation because from your pictures it may seem that a Tummy Tuck would be more beneficial to your abdomen area. You seem to have a lot of loose skin, but that will be fully determined during your consultation. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Can you combine a ThermiTight with a Thermage for your lose abdominal skin? Yes, but I can no imagine why you would do that. the ThermiTight is much more effective. That said, I don't believe you are a candidate for non-surgical procedure. You have too much loose skin for that.

My suggestion would be a "no-drain tummy tuck". The recovery time is shorter, it's less painful, and there are no cumbersome drains to attend to. Plus the fluid collection (seroma) problem is much less. You would be much happier with the TT.

Yes, both treatments will help tighten skin but may not provide surgical results

Thank you for your question. Both ThermiTight and Thermage can help to tighten and lift your abdominal skin and improve the appearance of this area. However, keep in mind that both are nonsurgical procedures and will not provide as dramatic of results that an abdominoplasty would.

If considering any of these procedures, I recommend having a consultation with a physician familiar with these treatments who can guide you to the best treatment for you!

I hope this answer is helpful! Best of luck.

Tracy Leong, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Your tummy

Both non surgical treatments will not make you happy. You may want to avoid a tummy tuck, but when you are done having kids, it will give  you the best result.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD