I now have snap in lower plate - pain

But if I try to bite an apple the denture come up in back and causes pain.

Snapindentures or all on4, by nobel biocare.

There are 2 ways of restoring this , the first one could be with Snapindentures,

with 8 minimplants, upper and 8 minimplants lower,

you will have a strong support with  snapindentures,

and you will have a great result within a couple of days,

shape size and even color,

you will have that smile you always wanted back with a great confort and support.

All on 4 By Nobel Biocare,

its the best way to go if what you want is a screw retained  bar,

that you do not remove ,

also you will have a strong solution,

extractions (if you need them) and immediate setting of implants are done at the same proceedure,

and within acouple of days, you will be able to enjoy, a great smile ,

with strenght and confort,

that smile you always wanted, this is the moment, shape, size and even color, you will be able to change.

But yes, you have asolution!

Pain on snap in lower plate

Hi:

Unfortunately since there is only two implants, most of the support of the lower plate will be on the ridge.  In order to have a completely stable lower denture, you need at least 4 implants.  Its also best to have your dentist check the bite to make sure all is ok.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Snap in Denture but it still pops up if I bite an apple.

Snaps in dentures can create amazing restoration.  It is still essential that there is good support of the denture to soft tissues of the mouth or have sufficient implant support to prevent rotation between implants.

4-6 snaps are ideal for a lower denture.  Each and every patient must be carefully evaluated and have stability issues addressed.  If not done this can destry implant stability.

Ira L Shapira DDS, D,ABDSM, D,AAPM, FICCMO
Chair, Alliance of TMD Organizations
Diplomat, American Academy of Pain Management
Diplomat, American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine
Regent & Fellow, International College of CranioMandibular Orthopedics
Board Eligible, American Academy of CranioFacial Pain
Dental Section Editor, Sleep & Health Journal

Member, American Equilibration Society
Member, Academy of Applied Myofunctional Sciences

Implant supported denture comes up in back

I am sorry you are having problems with your implant supported denture coming up in the back.  I strongly recommend that you return to the dentist you delivered it to you.  Your dentist will test all the parts of your new denture to see if they are secure.  Even if your denture is stable, it still can move slightly when you chew.  This slight movement can cause the denture to rub against your gums, which can cause sore spots.  Your dentist  will check your gums and also check the way your top and bottom teeth come together (your bite) to see if any adjustments would be beneficial.  Good luck!

Ramon Peleaux, DDS, MD
Charlotte Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon