Will the touch up procedures add density and cause a helmet look?

My question is in regards to the "touch up" expected for smp around 4-7 years in. Are the technicians skilled enough to place the touch up dots directly on top of the original ones? Or should I expect them to miss several and cause an increase in density? I am worried that over time, after several touch ups, it will have that helmet look which is very unnatural. Also, how would a touch up fix blurring?

​If you over do anything it can look bad. Some may like the helmut look but ​if this is a big concern for you always discuss

If you over do anything it can look bad.    Some may like the helmut look but if this is a big concern for you always discuss this with your doctor.  A touch up procedure in the right hands should not give you helmut look.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Many non-medical tattooists

Produce helmet looks from what I see on their web sites. Take a look at our website and see if you like what you see,  We treat SMP like a hair transplant with techniques we mastered for over two decades. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Touch up is to be done with expertise

Hello, Patrick. 
I wouldn't be able to speak for all of us in the Hair profession, but at our practice we use magnifying glasses while doing the touch up. This allow us to carefully retouch on top of the original dots adding intensity to restore the original color. This is done by one of our Follicular Micro-pigmentation experts to guarantee the best possible result.
The goal is that you look good and feel happy with the procedure.
Please feel free to ask as many questions as needed.
Best of lucks!

William Yates, MD
Buffalo Grove Hair Restoration Surgeon