I had botox today, can I get my eyebrows tattooed in the next two days before the botox kicks in?

Today I had botox in my forehead, glabella and crows feet. Can I get my eyebrows tattooed tomorrow or the next day as my brows will still be in their natural state until the Botox kicks in? If I need to wait how long should I wait for?

Eyebrow Tattoo

I would recommend waiting about 1 week after your Botox injection to make sure that product does not move when you get your eyebrow tattoos. Getting that done prior, you run the risk of moving the Botox and inhibiting muscles from moving (that you may not want to do that too).

Columbus Physician

Botox and Tattoo

I would wait for about 2 weeks before getting the tattoo. Botox can change the brow position and you'll want to know where things settle before tattooing. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon

This is a great question to ask your injector, as we all have different
preferences with post-Botox rules.  Most people would tell you to wait 10-14 days to wait until the Botox has taken full effect. Also talk to the one who is doing the
tattooing, he or she may have specific preferences as well.  Good luck!

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Botox And Eyebrow Tattooing

Thank you for your excellent question.  I would suggest waiting 2 weeks to see the final result of your Botox, which can change your brow position, before undergoing the eyebrow tattooing.  Good luck! 

Botox and other procedures

Botox begins to work in 3-5 days, reaches its peak in 7-10 days so you should not have any procedure done for 14 days after injection as it may have an untoward effect.

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox and Permanent Makeup

Hello and thank you for your question. I would recommend waiting 14 days when the botox is in full effect before having any permanent makeup done. Botox can change the shape and arch of your brows so waiting until after the product is settled will give and your permanent makeup artist the results you both desire. Hope this helps!

Botox and brows

Thank you for your question serenarg22. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. There are no studies testing the safety and efficacy of tattooing the brows after Botox. So unfortunately we do not know the answer to this question. However, for my patients any time I do not know the answer I recommend caution and have my patients wait at least one week after a Botox treatment before having other treatments. With Botox the full results are seen at 2 weeks. So I would recommend to my patients to wait until at least that time to further address eyebrows. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Please dont

Its a common question and one thats easy to answer.. DONT DO IT!  As your botox kicks in over the next 10 days your eyebrow shape and dynamic will change. Your perfect tattooed brows will become flat and sullen looking. And you will be stuck with those for months. Please wait until your botox has fully worked and you will be much happier with your eyebrow shape.

Botox and eye tattoos

The Botox when it kicks in in 7-14 days will probably result in elevation of your eyebrows. This needs to be consider when making any changes to your eyebrows. I would probably wait until the Botox has kicked in before having your eyebrow tattoos done.