Witch chin caused by soft tissue. Are there procedures to get rid of this excess padding? Price range?

I have a witch chin whenever I smile caused by too much soft tissue/fat in the chin pad area. Whenever I smile it becomes super prominent, like Reese Witherspoon's. However I know that it isn't the bone itself that's the problem, it's too much tissue. Are there procedures to get rid of said excess padding? What is the price range?

Volume adjustments to the chin proper are seldom done.

The chin proper seldom has surplus fat.  When we are talking about liposuction of the chin it means the area of the upper neck between the chin proper in the beginning in the vertical neck. Adjustments to the chin proper are seldom done and can create significant postop problems.

Chin

Thanks for the question, typically volume can be added to reduce the excess skin or skin can be removed. Alternatively the jaw may need to be moved forward.

Find board-certified plastic surgeon

Based on what you tell us, my suggestion is to find an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation.

Most people with a witch's chins need bone surgery.

Your understanding of the importance of comprehending the true diagnosis is key.

You may also consider consulting with an oral surgeon.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD