When getting lipo, how many areas does the stomach have? I see dr charging 1000 per area, want to know how that is broken down

Cost for Liposuction of Abdomen

Well, this is a very interesting question, since the cost of liposuction of the abdomen from one surgeon to the next varies greatly.  We use BMI to determine cost, as we feel this is the most fair assessment.  We price upper abdomen separately from upper abdomen, again based on BMI, since not every patient needs or requests liposuction of both upper and lower abdomen.  I suggest you get a consultation from a surgeon you trust that has vast experience in liposuction.  Good luck!
Windell Davis Boutte, MD

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Each surgeon and practice calculates the areas differently

Each surgeon and practice calculates the areas differently.  The stomach can count as one area, but usually the flanks count as another area and are usually sculpted at the same time.  The mons may also need attention.  In our practice we count the stomach as one area.

Vijay K. Bindingnavele, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting – Pricing for Abdomen

There
is no standard definition of areas. You'll have to contact that
plastic surgeon directly to ask about price breakdown and what it
includes. Good luck. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction Abdomen Cost

The stomach or abdomen is a large area and it is really dependent on the surgeon.  Also, be sure to see a board-certified plastic surgeon.  You could also ask if the $1000 is just the surgeon's fee or if it includes the facility fee as well.

Robin Evans, MD, FRCSC
British Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal liposuction

Thanks for your inquiry, and a good question.  The abdomen is much larger area than say the flank or outer thigh.  In general, the abdomen has a completely different rate.  Please call the get a price quote, and best of luck.  

Areas for lipo

There are no standard areas of the abdomen, typically a PS will call the abdomen one area and the flanks another area. Depends on surgeons preference as there is no "standard"

Lipo and fees

I think that is surgeon preference. There is no standard way to delineate the specific areas.  Best of luck.

Lipo of Abs- Costs?

Hi chimere There isn't a standard for pricing for lipo, nor is there an accepted standard for dividing the abdomen into areas.  Personally, I count the abdomen as one area.  You really have to ask the doctor what he charges.  I would not skimp on money, I would choose the most qualified doctor given the fees seem reasonable.  You can make more money, you can't make another body.
All the best.
Sek

Liposuction

Most surgeons break the abdomen into two areas, buthat price seems low. It may not include facility and anesthesia. When comparing, make sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Stomach liposuction - how is it charged?

Thank you for asking about yourn liposuction.
  • Every surgeon charges a bit differently but in general -
  • The upper and lower abdomen are separate areas, the flanks are separate areas.
  • The fee you are being quoted sounds low -
  • Be sure you know the cost of all fees - and hae the surgeon explain how the areas are charged.
  • Please be sure you see a plastic surgeon -
  • Many doctors offering low liposuction fees have no surgical training and results can be disappointing.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS