Bigger stomach 4 weeks post lipo?

Hi! I know im still swollen but is it possible that my tummy is getting bigger instead of getting smaller 4 weeks post lipo? im not wearing my compression garment anymore and I feel that my tummy is bigger. paid so much for this and im so stressed that it will go into waste. I did my arms 8 mons ago and i loved the results! its so much different this time with my tummy! :(

​It is unusual

It is unusual that your stomach is bigger.  You should see your surgeon because you may have a seroma that needs attention.  Drainage of the seroma should correct this problem.

Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Post VASER Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling - Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy; Add Vaquish

Four
weeks is very soon after your liposuction. You are still swollen. It
will take at least another month or two before you see your final
results. Massage, hyperbaric oxygen, RF treatments help resolve the swelling. If you are concerned,
please speak to the expert who performed your liposuction. Best, Dr.
Emer

Lack of results after abdominal liposuction

There are a few reasons some patients fail to see the results a month after abdominal liposuction. At four weeks a lot of the swelling will have gone down. Still there some more swelling that needs to dissipate. Results are usually close to final by six weeks and very close to final at three months. Sometimes patients are not good candidates for abdominal liposuction and failed to see the results they had hoped for. This is generally the case for women who have one of the following conditions or more. Skin laxity or muscle separation from previous pregnancies or intra-abdominal fat The ideal candidate for a Dolla liposuction should have tight muscle layers, no inch of domino fat, tight skin and thick layers of subcutaneous fat. For these patients when the procedure is done while they usually show immediate results which continue to only improve with time. Some patients also have a tendency to gain weight after liposuction. Depending on how much fun it was removed your overall weight should start getting to your baseline weight and even below. Some people will gain intra-abdominal fat with weight gain which will camouflage results from abdominal liposuction. At this point you should be patient and wait another two months before addressing your results. At that point you should have your plastic surgeon take after pictures and compare. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Lipo and swelling

Thank you for your question. It is very early and usually swelling will come down in 3 months. If you are still swollen to your concern please wear garment and see your PS for evaluation. It may be only normal swelling.

Bigger stomach 4 weeks post lipo?

Congratulations on your recent surgery! It's too early to stress! Results of liposuction will not be seen for several months. Final results are not seen for 6-9 months. You're still swollen and that's why you can't see any improvement. Make sure to stay in close contact with your surgeon, so that they can address any concerns that you may have.

Larger tummy after lipo at 4 weeks

Hi bikiniblissPlease don't stress.Time to visit your doctor and have him weigh in.  You might also want to replace your binder in the mean time.  Sometimes swelling in the abdomen after lipo can take a long time to resolve, and at times during the recovery, it can seem to occasionally for no apparent reason, get worse. Your doctor can evaluate you and allay your anxiety.
All the best.
Sek

Tummy liposuction - still getting bigger

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • I am sorry you are concerned.
  • Your surgeon is the best person to advise you -
  • If your tissues are firm, you are swollen.
  • Other reasons for a tummy getting bigger would be if you are about to start your period or if you are gaining weight.
  • But chances are it is swelling - but always check with your surgeon to be sure.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Bigger stomach 4 weeks post lipo?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your liposuction.  It would be very common to still have some degree of swelling present after your procedure that is affecting your current results.  Without a series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice but in most cases the additional weight and size comes from tissue swelling that resolves spontaneously over the first few months.  Now that you are not wearing a compression garment, and your activity is increasing, it would not be uncommon to have some recent increase in size.  hang in there!

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Too early to judge outcome

It is normal to swell to a certain extent in the areas that surround the liposuction because of local movement of the fluid.  It its also common to have generalized swelling because of the fluid shift that is occurring globally.  All of this will resolve.  Some in the first few weeks, some over 6 months.It is too early to judge the outcome.  You may be doing too much.  If you exercise and the swelling gets worse, you need to give it more time to heal.  If you can do cardio with no additional swelling, then burn calories and be patient.  It will take at least 6 months to see the final results.The compression garment should be tight enough so that you feel like you have something on, but not so tight that it hurts.  It should be smooth and even with no ribs bones or seems that leave indentations in the skin.  If you are swelling then the garment is either too loose or you are doing too much.  You might need a lighter garment to sleep in and a tighter garment for the daytime.  The garment should extend beyond the borders of the treated areas in every direction.