Can a plus size girl get Liposuction at the same time as a Breast Reduction to get rid of back fat and rolls? (photos)

I am late 20s 5ft 5.5in, 238lbs. My breasts are really heavy. Wearing 40G and 42F bras. I have deep indents in my shoulders that make me look deformed. Back and shoulder pain constantly...waiting for insurance w/my new job and hoping to get approved for a reduction. I want to add lipo since I'll already be under anesthesia. I had lipo in 2014 by a doctor that wasn't a surgeon. I was very ill informed and regret it. My results were uneven and lumpy, but I was too scared to go back. Please advise!

Breast Reduction in Combination with Liposuction

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. Your earlier issue with liposuction is unfortunate, and I am sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience. Only trust your body to an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. From your pictures and description, you would appear to be an excellent candidate for the breast reduction procedure. Additionally, it is common to combine a breast reduction with liposuction during a single procedure. However, my recommendation is that you schedule an in-person consultation with a reputable plastic surgeon. He/she will perform a physical examination to determine the technique(s) that will work best for your personal situation, and design a surgical treatment plan to achieve your desired results.

Liposuction and breast reduction

I am sorry to hear that you had unsatisfactory results from your previous liposuction. I am sure you know now how important it is to find a reputable board certified plastic surgeon to perform both your breast reduction and liposuction procedure. These 2 procedures can definitely be combined during 1 surgery. For the best liposuction results I recommend you try to lose some more weight and get as close your goal weight while you are waiting for your new insurance to get approved. Patients always see the best liposuction results when they are close to their goal weight. Your next step should be to find an experienced board certified plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you in person and give you more specific details about what to expect from both procedures. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Liposuction of back at same time as breast reduction

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and breast reduction.
  • I hope you get approved for your breast surgery.
  • I am sorry your earlier liposuction was disappointing.
  • Yo often can have liposuction of your back and breast rolls at the same time as your breast surgery.
  • Please be aware that unless you lose weight after liposuction, the fat will return to your body, but in new areas.
  • Ask your surgeon if combining the procedures is right for you -
  • It depends on how long s/he expects the breast reduction to take.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction versus an upper back lift

It appears as though you'd benefit from liposuction followed by an upper back lift.  The lift allows me to remove the excess skin as well as excess fat with the liposuction.  I have done this many times and I hide the scars in the bra lines.  Thank you for your question!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lipo and breast reduction

It should be possible to perform liposuction of adjacent areas at the same time as a breast reduction.  Good luck.

Liposuction of Bra Rolls and Breast Reduction

Yes, Liposuction of this area can safely be performed along with a Breast Reduction.   Liposuction will remove the fat from under your skin and decrease the size of the rolls of your back.   But it is up to your skin elasticity to contract and prevent you from just having smaller rolls.   Many women need or choose to have their skin tightened to get rid of all the loose skin in this area.   Talk to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon this time.  Good Luck

Breast reduction and liposuction

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a liposuction in addition to your breast reduction.  This is very common to combine.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Reduction combined with Liposuction

It is very common to combine procedures in certain individuals. You seem like you would benefit from a breast reduction and some simultaneous liposuction. keep in mind that the lipo should be targeted to specific areas and cannot be "full body" lipo. Discuss this with your surgeon to determine how much lipo is safe for you. Make sure to chose a board certified plastic surgeon