Male pattern baldness combined with telogen effluvium. Any suggestions?

Lets say, I've combined Telogen Effluvium with MPB. Will some of lost hair (caused by TE) grow back or are they gone forever due to ongoing MPB?

TE and MPB

Your question is more complex than you realize - because MPB can cause a telogen effluvium.But if the hair loss is due to telogen effluvium from another cause besides MPB - yes that hair has a good chance to grow back.

TE and MPB

I have seen the two together many times.  The best approach is to start minoxidil together with a supplement such as Biotin.  A biopsy should be taken to confirm the diagnosis.

Gregory Pistone, MD
Cherry Hill Dermatologist

Balding and TE

It would be difficult to tell which hair is lost from which; however, I suspect that any hair lost from balding will not come back

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon