How do you know that your CTE is in reverse?

How do you know that your CTE is in reverse

Doctor Answers 4

CTE - is it in remission?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
CTE is a hair shedding condition in which patients lose massive amounts of hair some days followed by little hair on other days.To know if your CTE is in remission, you'll need 6 months. If over a period of 6 months you find the shedding is reduced and the number of days with massive shedding is reduced, and you see hair sprouting all over the scalp - the CTE is probably in a remission.CTE needs long term monitoring to know if it is improving. Some weeks can be good - with minimal shedding and this gives a false sense that things have improved. One needs monitoring over months.For my own patients - I sometimes add hair counts. This provides a more quantitative means of following shedding. It is tedious and time consuming and emotional to collect hairs so we don't always do. But that's a great way to ultimately follow he shedding in CTE.

Vancouver Dermatologist

CTE: How do you know when it is over

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The pull test generally tells you how active your CTE is. You can also have a HAIRCHECK measurement done before and after you believe that the condition has become better and this may point out when you reached the end of it. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Hair loss remission

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
your hair loss has to be monitored over time by a hair loss specialist. If you are starting to lose hair more than usual, once you get examined by a specialist, under their supervision you can start treatment option, we monitor our clients every three months to find out if the treatments are working and if their hair loss is improving. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

How to know when your CTE is in remission ?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
raj31,Thank you for the question. Well, this requires treatment and thorough evaluation by a hair loss specialist or dermatologist. Care monitoring with serial photography, dermoscopy , hair mass index, and total hair counts can provide the answer. 
All the best,
Bernardino Arocha, MD

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.