Will nose fillers help reduce the size of my nose? Or is a rhinoplasty more recommended? (photos)

I have a fairly uneven nose. The bridge of my nose is thinner and only expands in size. Would a filler be appropriate be able to create the illusion of a smaller nose? Or will rhinoplasty be suggested? Thanks!

Filler to make nose look smaller

Thank you for asking about your nasal filler.
  • Filler along the bridge of your nose will raise it - and will make your nose look smaller by making the proportions better. 
  • Rhinoplasty would place a permanent graft along the top of the nose - essentially doing the same thing, permanently.
  • Trying filler first is a good start to be sure you like the way things. look.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty and nasal contour

thank you for your question.  Rhinoplasty can help change the proportionality of your nose and thereby make it look more balanced in size.  This technique requires a great deal of judgment and expertise and I would recommend being treated only by a highly experienced injector.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Liquid rhinoplasty

Joy, remember with liquid rhinoplasty what you are playing with are "lights and shadows".  In essence, what you create is an accentuated defining point which can give the illusion of narrowness.  By adding a little bit of filler along your nasal dorsurm as well as on your tip defining points you can give the appearance of a narrower, smaller nose - all while adding to it.  The key here is how does your nose fit in with the rest of your facial features.  Having an overly defined nose may not fit with the rest of the proportions of your face - this is something that can be discussed at the time of your consultation as you can change expected outcomes with amount and location of filler.  Hope this helps.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Start with fillers

Starting with fillers to the bridge of you nose is a good start.You will likely be pleased with the result.

Filler in your nose

You appear to have a typical Asian nasal profile with a depressed dorsum.Filler will raise this temporarily and is used by some surgeons to give you an idea of the appearance you are seeking.However no other features like the width or tip shape can be altered satisfactorily with filler.The money may well be spent with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon and have a rhinoplasty instead.