Is it ok to get Juvaderm ultra if I have flu?

Hi there, I am due to have Juvaderm ultra this afternoon for around my nasal folds and lips and for the last couple of days I've have a runny/blocked nose and an itchy/sore throat. Will I be ok if I still go ahead with it?

Can I get Juvederm if I'm sick?

Hi Pokemon11, I would give yourself time to get healthy before getting injected with Juvederm. Injectable are an elective procedure and it is best to be in good health in order to put yourself in the best position to get a great result.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can you get injections of Juvederm, other fillers or Botox while sick with the flu?

Thank you for asking your question. You should not get treated while sick with the flu. Besides have your own complications, you could get those around you sick as well. Delay the procedure and feel better.

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Postpone Injection

While it can be a nuisance to reschedule your appt, it is best not to have any elective injections until you have recovered from your flu.

Winfield Hartley, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm when I have the flu?

All elective procedures should be done when you are at optimal health. There are risks of a superinfection while you have the flu that can spread to the filler. Also, no one in the office wants to get infected from you. Please out off the injection until you are completely over the flu. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvaderm Injections and the Flu NYC

If you are feeling sick I would definitely postpone a cosmetic procedure where you will be having injections in the area where your nose is running.  Any irritation or swelling will be made worse by your symptoms.  Feel better.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Doing fillers when you have the flu

There is no issue in injecting botulinum toxin (e.g. Botox) or fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane when you have a cold or flu.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon