Am I a candidate for a second revision rhinoplasty? It would be my third rhinoplasty (Photo)

I had a revision rhinoplasty recently in August 2014. I'm not happy with the outcome. My tip is too large and round. I feel ridiculous. I was also given a hump which I am not happy about. The surgeon used rib graft only and I have some gortex on my dorsal or dorsum. Can I have a third op to refine my tip more? Please see my profile photo for the most accurate view of what my nose looks like. Please note one photo is my birth nose I wish to achieve.

Another revision rhinoplasty is possible

It is possible to have another revision rhinoplasty to refine your tip, provided that your expectations are realistic and you have waited at least one year since the surgery to see the complete healing. However, revision rhinoplasty is one of the most challenging of all cosmetic surgeries, and each time a rhinoplasty is done, it becomes increasingly complex. Keep in mind that there are many factors involved, so your nose may not turn out exactly the way you want the third time either. I recommend getting a second or third opinion from a well-experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy and Seeking Revision

You are still healing so it is premature to assess the results. Each time you do a revision, it gets increasingly complex so you would need to ensure that you consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to do the revision.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Revision #rhinoplasty

I think anyone who desires a change to their nose is a 'candidate' for revision rhinoplasty. That being said, you will need an in person examination to see if the degree of changes are realistic with where you are starting from. I would recommend sitting down with a revision rhinoplasty surgeon and discuss your options.

Best of luck

David Reinstadler, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

Seeing that you are only 4 months postop, there is a considerable amount of healing that still is occurring within the nose. The nasal tip is the one region of the nose that is known to have prolonged swelling and is one of the last areas for this to resolve. As the nose is healing, some asymmetries may be noted as swelling decreases in one area and not the other. I always tell patients that they should wait till one year postop before they consider a revision because this will give a more accurate assessment of the final result. Given that you have gortex and rib in the nose, you likey had a considerable amount of work performed and this can also contribute to prolonged swelling. Be patient and make sure that you regularly follow up with your plastic surgeon. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon