I am 2 week post op BBL surgery. Can I start doing light cardio workout?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. If you feel ok you can, but always consult with your surgeon before making that step!

BBL

I would recommend scheduling an appointment with your plastic surgeon to discuss their post operative protocol for exercise after a BBL. I generally only allow my patients to walk until they are at least 4 weeks post op then they can ease back into their regular fitness routine but it is important to remember that your body may require some time to return to prior strength.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BBL recovery

I would recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon. Every surgeon will have difficult postoperative restrictions. In general, I have my patient's avoid any sitting for 2 weeks and would not recommend cardio activity for 4 weeks. Exercising the buttocks starting at three weeks postoperative (approved after surgeon) can greatly enhance the result. The injected fat cells flourish with the extra blood supply that is provided by exercise of the gluteal musculature. Healthy buttocks muscles help maintain volume and lift the buttocks further enhancing the result. In addition regular exercise keeps the patient in good overall shape and prevents recurrence of excess body fat around the waist and trunk.

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery

Sejal M. Patel, MD

It is always best to ask your PS, but I recommend to my patients no working out after a BBL for 4 full weeks. This mean no pilates, no yoga, no barre, no cardio, no spin etc. I only allow my patients to walk and that is it. 

Dont start.

After a BBL  you need some time to rest. Normally 3 to 4 weeks. I think is too soon to start.

You can harm yourself.

Regards

BBL healing

Hi there.  How soon you can resume workout will depend on your healing and your surgeon's recommendation. Please follow up closely with your plastic surgeon.  The rule of thumb is to always give yourself plenty of time to heal completely before doing anything too strenuous.  It's better to safe than sorry.  

All the best!

Umeng David Thao, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Starting Cardio after BBL...

Greetings,

The recovery period for a Brazilian butt lift is about 10-14 days.

So yes, walk and stretch your legs. You need to move, this will help  decrease the risk of developing clots. Do buttock stretching exercises. This will help you recover faster. The injected fat cells flourish with the extra blood supply that is provided by exercise of the gluteal musculature. Healthy buttocks muscles help maintain volume and lift the buttocks further enhancing the result. In addition regular exercise keeps the patient in good overall shape and prevents recurrence of excess body fat around the waist and trunk. 

Have a great day!

Alicia Sigler, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implant

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Working out 2 weeks after BBL

I would defer you to the plastic surgeon who did your surgery. He/she will have specific recommendations on when you can begin working out. How you are doing in the healing process also plays a part as to when it is reasonable to start exercising. My patients can begin longer walks and upper body workouts around the 2 week mark, if they are healing well. Usually at 4 weeks post-op my patients can get back to a more rigorous work out routine.