Could a chin osteotomy change my square-shaped face into longer, oval shaped face? (Photo)

I think the shape of my face is beautiful but it is rather short from a profile view. Is it possible to lengthen the jaw, not push it forward, but down and if so would this give me a more oval shaped face? Also how long is the recovery time for this surgery?

Jaw Angleplasty with genioplasty

Do you want oval shape face?
My opinion is jaw angleplasty(mandibular angle reduction) and genioplasty.
Operation take one hour and recovery take one month.

South Korea Plastic Surgeon

Improving chin contour

Thank you for the pictures. I agree with Dr. Eppley that you need vertical height and a small amount of projection to your chin. Either genioplasty or an implant can achieve this goal. Please seek in the valuation from either a board-certified plastic surgeon or board-certified or the maxillofacial surgeon.

Sliding Genioplasty

You are correct about the effects of a sliding genioplasty on your square lower face. By bringing the chin bone forward and down you will create a longer and more oval facial shape. Such  similar effect can also be created by a custom designed chin-jawline implant.