Botox 5 days ago. Should I wait 10 days are go back now? (photos)

I had Botox for fist time 5 days ago. One eyebrow is higher then other when I make a face expression are open my eyes. Not so bad if not moving eyes.Been like this for last 3 days no change should I go back now and can it be fixed are wait

Botox Results

Good question! Botox takes anywhere from 10-14 days to take full effect. Since you are only 5 days post-injection, I recommend waiting for a full two weeks before you make any changes to your original treatment. It’s not uncommon for patients to require a touch-up, especially after being injected for the first time in order to find the exact amount of units that works for your body. There is a definite art to Botox injections, so the more experienced the injector, the less chance that patients require tweaking after their initial injections. If you are still concerned about a-symmetry after two weeks, it would be appropriate to call your injecting physician and schedule a follow up appointment.

Timing of eyebrow correction after Botox

Correction with Botox to even out the eyebrows could be attempted not sooner than 5-7 days. I would wait a little longer as suggested by others and discuss with the provider after an in person examination.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian
#RealSelf100 Member

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
Botox can take up to two weeks for total correction. After two weeks, follow up with your provider who performed your injections for an appointment to discuss your concerns. Additional units of Botox m,ay be needed to help correct and/or achieve your desired goals. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox 5 days ago. Should I wait 10 days are go back now?

While the results of your Botox injections will be visible within about 2-3 days, the maximal results are apparent at approximately 10-14 days.  I would wait the full 10-14 days prior to having more injected.  Additionally, it's not uncommon for slight asymmetry to be present pre-injection.  This often is not noticed by the patient until after the injections because you are studying your face more.  If photos were taken prior to your injection, I would look at them to see if any asymmetry existed at that time.  

Good luck and as always, be sure you see a "core" injector (facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, dermatologist, or occuloplastic surgeon). This is because we all have a keen understanding of facial anatomy and the effects of injecting Botox/ Xeomin/ Dysport and fillers in different regions of the face.

I wish you well!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of brows after Botox injection

Dear el1953,

Thank you for submitting your question and photos. At 5 days it still may be a little early for the Botox injection to have taken full effect. In another 5 or 6 days, if your left brow is still too high (compared to your right) you should see your injector for evaluation so this won't happen again. At that time, additional Botox can be injected in the left brow raising muscle (the frontalis) to lower that brow. It is important to evaluate whether or not your brows were even in the first place. This is where an experienced injector can "balance" the brows to make them even (or closer) with different amounts of Botox on one side compared to the other.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Botox and results

I typically like to wait 2 weeks before I inject more Botox since the full result takes a bit longer. Best, Dr. Green

Botox 5 days ago

Hello and thank you for your questions, and I hope you get the results you desire. Botox and Dysport will typically begin to "kick in" after 4-7 days, but some may see results earlier. The full effect is usually seen after 7-10 days so two weeks after your injections is a great time for a follow-up with your injector if you are not getting the results you desire. Additional injections may be given at 2 weeks if more correction is desired/needed. Botox/Dysport typically last 3-4 months, and after that it begins to slowly wear off.  Still it is best to follow up with your injector and discuss your concerns.

Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Length of time for Botox to work

Generally speaking Botox requires 5-7 days before it starts working and reaches a peak in about 10 days so you need to wait

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox effects

Wait for at least 2-3 weeks before returning for an evaluation--the Botox effects will be completely obvious at that time. I would also check with your physician about your upper eyelid positions- you may have some ptosis on both sides that needs to be checked.

Robert J. Smyth, MD
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

When should I return for a touch up with Botox?

Typically you should wait a full 2 weeks before returning to let the Botox take full effect.  However, if one brow is creeping up more so than the other and it is clearly noticeable, you may want to contact your doctor's office and inform them of the issue and they can determine whether or not it is best for you to wait or come in for any additional injection.  

Elena Vega, DO
New York General Surgeon