Uneven nasolabial folds when I smile, can filler help? (photo)

I have an issue that bothers me a lot. I have deep uneven nasolabial folds that are very apparent when smiling. They are most apparent in photos (not as much in person) and it bothers me to the point of avoiding photos all together. I understand that I have bone asymmetry in my cheeks which causes the issue. My question is can filler help? I do not want surgery. Also, I do have some (Voluma) filler in the upper cheekbone area currently, it has not affected the areas in question at all.

Doctor Answers 2

Uneven nasolabial folds

From the look of your picture I think that Juvederm or similar HA filler would be perfect for you.  You may have a little more placed on the affected side than on the more even side to acheive a balanced look.  

Dr. ODell

Florence Physician
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

NL lines

Hello, and thanks for your question and question. I do think a hyaluronic acid filler such as Juvederm could be used to improve the asymmetry of your nasolabial lines. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.