Do HA Fillers leave permanent residue?

I've read on various occasions that HA fillers leave a permanent grey, 'slushy' residue in the face. This has come up in discussions about women who've had multiple HA filler treatments, and then undergo a face lift. Apparently when the surgeon performs the face lift procedure they are able to see HA filler residue. Is this true, given that HA fillers supposedly dissolve completely over time as they're naturally absorbed by the body?

HA fillers and residue

dear rebecca,
Hylauronic acids fillers are wonderful and safe for the face. They do not leave a residue on the skin. Hyaluronic acid is a substance that is found naturally in the deep skin. After being injected the product naturally gets broken down by the body. If it is not completely broken down you can see it during a facelift.

Hyaluronic Acid Fillers

I love hyaluronic acid fillers for the face. One of the wonderful things about it is that it dissolves completely. Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green