Botox in temples?

Hi - if I get Botox injected in the temple region, will it help pull the outer corner of my eyes out and/or up?

Botox in temples?

Botox acts on the specific muscles that are injected.  Your plastic surgeon will know where to inject to give you a brow lift.  (it's not the temple, per se)

Botox

Thank you for your question in regards to Botox.
Botox injected into your crows feet (smile lines) will soften the appearance of them, not change the appearance of your eye. To be sure, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Botox

Thanks for your question. Botox is a temporary neuroparalytic that is used to eliminate wrinkles in the periorbital and forehead area. Its also works well for softening the 11s (corrugated muscle). Fillers are used to add volume to the face and also deal with dipper folds and lines such as the smile lines and marionette lines. In addition filler can be used for filling the tear trough deformity and adding volume to the cheeks and lips. Please consult with your plastic surgeon to review the best options available for you.
Good Luck.

Ali Sadeghi, MD, FACS
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Botox For Eyebrow Lifting

Botox can be used to lift the brow but it has to be injected around the eye and in the middle of the eyebrow.  I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox

Botox is used in the lateral canthal region along the side of the eye to  improve the crow's feet and raise the lateral brow.

Botox in temples

This will not lift or pull your eyes in the desired direction. If anything, repeated use will lead to temporalis muscle atrophy which will lead to the opposite of what you would like. I use this injection only for resistant bruxism which doesn't respond to masseter injection or for tension headaches.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox in Temples

Botox injected near the temple region will bring you eyebrows down (not up).  The muscle in that area raises your eyebrow so weakening it Botox will have a lowering effect.  

Botox in temples

Botox is used to paralyze or weaken the targeted muscle and consequently, the opposing muscle's action would be more pronounced. Injecting Botox in the temples would achieve nothing cosmetically. You do not have to figure out what needs to be injected to achieve a certain result, just consult a skilled and experienced dermatologist, occuloplastic, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon with your goals and let them figure out what they need to do to achieve your goal.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the temples

Thank you for your question.  Botox injected into the temples does not affect the shape or appearance of the eyes.  I would recommend consultation with a surgeon who has expertise in

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox in temples?

Thank you for your question.  Botox placed into the temples will not affect the shape or pull of the outer corner of your eye.  The muscle paralyzed is one responsible for mastication - chewing. Botox can be used to paralyze this muscle in cases of TMJ and other disorders, hope this helps.