Is there a population of ALS patients that have received Botox prior to dx? Link suspected?

Fearful of Botox; ALS in family I am in my 40's and am curious to know if I am safe to receive Botox injections for cosmetic purposes? My father has ALS. I did injections 2x leading up to my father's dx. I stopped due to fear of Unmasking a dormant ALS within me. I ldid experience some strange Twitching, feeling of pins and needles in torso/arms that came in waves & subsided in moments. My plastic surgeon says there is no ALS connection w/Botox, yet alergan does have warnings-PLEASE HELP

There are no studies currently to suggest any causative relationship (link) between Botox and ALS. Unmasking symptoms of ALS does not mean causing ALS. Actually Botox has been used to improve certain symptoms in patients with ALS (such as spasticity or drooling).

Katy General Surgeon