Had a Botox shot in the stomach 5 months ago. Bad gas, diarrhea, 2 days after shot uncontrollable bowels

Botox in Stomach

I am unsure this is right forum to ask about botox injections into a non FDA approved non cosmetic treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox into stomach

Why have you had the botox into the stomach for appetite control?. IS the diarrhoea since day to for 5 months??? If you have just recently developed diarrhoea then it is not due to the botox it is due to a secondary infection.

Botox shot in the stomach

You have given us no information. This is a cosmetic forum. How and why would Botox "in the stomach" be a cosmetic procedure. Please talk to your doctor.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox in the Abdomen

Botox in the abdomen may have side effects but since this is really a cosmetic forum.  I suggest you contact your treating physician for examination and I hope that you feel better.  Best, Dr. Green

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your stomach issues.  I would talk to your injector about your symptoms, I am assuming the Botox was placed for muscle spasms?  It should not have affected your bowel function and this deserves further investigation.  

Stomach

The question is far too vague to give you an appropriate answer. Check with your surgeon that gave you the injection. 

My my personal experience with Botox is that its effects wear off @3-4 months. 

Best

Kirk Moore, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon