What can I eat after tummy tuck? My throat is sore; can I drink coffee? I'm 2 days post-op.

What can I eat after tummy tuck?

Assuming you are doing well, without concerns such as nausea/vomiting, you will likely be able to resume a normal diet ( coffee included).  I would suggest special attention to good hydration and measures to help resume normal bowel movements (high-fiber food and prune juice…).  Ambulation helps. 

As always, check with your plastic surgeon for specific advice. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Early postoperatively tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. Postoperatively patients who have had a general Anaesthetic often complain of a sore throat which is in part due to the minimal trauma from the tube. This will soon improve, coffee is rarely a problem in surgery except perhaps in microsurgery. But it's important that you run everything past your doctor. Good luck 

Ross Farhadieh, MBBS, MD, FRACS, FRCS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Early tummy tuck question

Thanks for your inquiry an you are early in your post-operative course you need to run things by your surgeon. In general,  a sore throat can be from the breathing tube or also can "thrush"  which is a yeast infection after antibiotics.  Please review your symptoms with your surgeon and hope you have a speedy recovery.  

Eating after tummy tuck

I would recommend liquids and soft foods until your throat feels better.  It should start to feel better in a day or so.

Thank you for the question. If you are not nauseous or vomiting, you can advance to a solid diet. It is best to discuss this with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon