Normal Nape Line on Female or AA? (Photo)

I have had diffuse hair loss for over a year. I had a biopsy that showed FPHL. I lose 200-300 hairs a day so CTE also suggested. I noticed hair looking flat in back. I checked and seems I am losing hair at the nape. My nape line looks odd. How can I get a good diagnosis? Thecarea feels very smooth. Does it look like Alopecia Areata? Can you have FPHL and Alopecia Areata at one time?

Normal Nape Line on Female or AA?

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Nape loss

No, it doesn't look like AA but I would need to see your scalp up close to confirm.

Yes, one can have AA and FPHL.

Getting to the root cause of hair loss and hair loss treatment with prp and progesterone

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a hair loss expert to identify your condition and outline treatment options. Prp and progesterone injections to the scalp and/or hair transplantation are all great options. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Loss of nape hair possibly from Alopecia Areata

This is something that we treat all of the time cosmetically with scalp micropigmentation as we put the tattoo dots to make them look like normal hair and  no one can tell it is not real unless they try to feel it. See below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon