If I get lip injections, will they be affected by weight loss?

I want to lose about 15lbs but really don't want to wait to get my lips done. Will getting them done prior to weight loss affect my lips?

Lip augmentation and weight loss

A 15 lbs weight loss whether you choose to augment your lips with fillers or fat should not have an affect on your final lip result.  If you are planning on having fillers injected you will have to anyways repeat this every 4-6 months to maintain your results so there is no need delay.  If you decide to proceed with fat injection, less maintenance is required and the fat is generally not affected, depending on where its taken from, with weight change.

Best of Luck!

Dr. Rednam

Losing weight should not affect your lip injections.

Losing weight should not affect your lip injections. The filler will stay in place and your lips should remain the same size and shape. Weight loss generally does not affect the lips. Good luck with your weight loss and lip injections.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip fillers are not affected by moderate weight loss.

Restylane is a hyaluronic acid product as are most of the fillers used in the US (Voluma, Juvederm, Belotero etc..).  The body breaks down the molecules over time, any where from a few months to a couple of years depending on the product used.  Once the molecule is completely broken down the body can metabolize it. My experience over 3 decades of filler use has not indicated that weight loss significantly changes the way the body breaks down these molecules.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation and Weight Loss

Losing 15 pounds should not effect your lip augmentation results.  Lips are typically not effected by changes in one's weight.  For best results, see an expert!

Lip Augmentation/Weight Loss- Using Restylane Silk/Fillers

You should not have any issues! Losing weight after lip augmentation should not affect the appearance or final result at all. For best results, I suggest consulting with an expert! Check out some of our Youtube videos/Yelp pictures for treatment options! Best, Dr. Emer

Lip injections and weight loss

The lips are usually unaffected by weight gain or loss. The use of soft tissue fillers likewise are not likely to be affected by soft tissue fillers.

When you're ready, seek a surgeon in your area for help with your concerns.

I hope this was helpful.

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is very unlikely that 15 pounds of weight loss will be noticeable with regards to lip fillers. With fillers, you will be so excited with the full but natural lip appearance, that the weight loss will not seem near as hard as is usual!

John Standefer MD

Weight loss before lip augmentation?

Weight loss should not affect weight loss one way or the other, especially if you use Hyaluronic acid. If you plan to have fat transferred to your lips, then better to lose weight first. Good luck.

Robert M. Tornambe, MD